How to Collect E-tin Certificate From Online in BD? Tax is a compulsory amount for individuals to pay to the government in the interest of the people of the state, which meets the expenses of the state.
Income tax is the payable tax on the dividends of an individual.
When Do You Have to Pay Tax?
- Finance act 2015 says that the tax-free income limit is 150, 000 BDT. If the tax-free limit exceeds, then someone has to pay the amount called minimum tax.
- The minimum amount is 5000 BDT in Dhaka and Chattogram City Corporation.
- Minimum 4000 for the rest of the City Corporation,
- And, minimum 3000 BDT for outside of the city corporations.
What is E-Tin?
e-tin derived as the “electronic tax identification number” which is a renovated version of income tax registration.
The measure has been taken for the citizen to register online from their home. It is a 12 digit number. One can visit www.incometax.gov.bd to get an e-tin number.
According to vision 2041, the country is moving towards massive digitalization. So the TIN is digitalized to e-tin, where the procedure is much easier and does not have any sufferings.
So, if you don’t want to move from door to door, with some physical paperwork, then you should obtain e-tin as soon as possible.
When you can pay tax online from your home, then no need to stick with the old school method.
What Are the Requirements For E-Tin?
Depending on the type, the requirements are below:
- Adults: Valid national Identity Card Number, Phone Number, Date of Birth (According to the National ID), Taxpayer’s Name, Taxpayer’s Photo
- Minors: Guardians name, guardians TIN Number, Taxpayer’s Name, Taxpayer’s Photo
- Foreigner/ Bangladeshi (Without NID): Taxpayer’s photo, Taxpayer’s name, Passport number, Passport issue date, Visa number, Visa issue date
- Registered Farm: Name of the firm as registered, Registration number with date
- Unregistered Farm: TIN of the partners along with their names
How to Collect E-Tin Certificate From Online in BD?
For E-Tin registration in Bangladesh, you can follow the steps to register for e-tin.
You should acquire all the required documents. Once you have all the information, it is pretty easy to do the registration.
Grab your documents, and you are good to go. It will take about 5-7 minutes to register.
You can go through the steps below:
Step 01 – Preliminary Registration
- Go to www.incometax.gov.bd and hit register on top.
- It will take you to the registration page.
- Give your User ID, create a strong password and retype it for verification.
- They will ask you for a security question, add a question, and answer.
- Remember the answer for any account-related technical issues.
- Set country to Bangladesh.
- Give your Phone number and email address.
- After providing all the information, click register.
- On the next page, you have to provide the e-tin activation code.
- e-tin activation code will go to the mobile number that you provided. Enter the activation code and press activate.
Step 02 – Main Registration Procedure
- Once you press the “activate” button, the site will ask you to log in again. Log in with the user id and password.
- After logging in, you will find “For TIN Registration/Re-registration click here” at the bottom of the page.
- By clicking that, you will get to the first page for providing the necessary information:
- Taxpayers Status, Registration type, Main source of income, location of the main source of income, type of employer/service location are the information to provide.
- Providing the information, make sure that you re-check them.
- If everything is okay, click the “Go to Next” button.
- Then you will be asked for basic information and your location.
- After filling up the information, press the “Go to Next” button.
- The site will preview the information as a whole.
- You can go back to the previous to make some changes. Otherwise, you are safe to apply.
- There will be a checkbox for your agreement. You have to check that before you submit it.
If the provided information is valid, you will see the picture from your NID will appear, and there will be a TIN too.
At the bottom, there is the “View Certificate” button. By clicking there, you will be able to view, save or print the TIN certificate.
Concluding Words: How to Collect E-tin Certificate From Online in BD
Every citizen eligible for tax-paying should pay their tax regularly. Now you know how to collect e tin certificate from online in BD.
So, obtain your e-tin today.
Pay taxes regularly.
Government has a set of punishments if you avoid paying taxes. Also, from your taxes, the country is going ahead.